Prior to the EBA Congress in Helsinki, a one day EMSB course will be organised on Tuesday 3 September 2019.
Resuscitation and stabilisation of patients with severe burns is of the utmost importance for the final outcome of treatment. The Emergency Management of Severe Burns course (EMSB) provides instruction on the assessment, stabilisation and transfer severely burned patients during the first 24 hours.
This will be the third time that such an intensive course is held and organised by the European Burns Association and supported by the Dutch Burns Foundation and Congress Care.
The EMSB course is for physicians and nurses involved in acute burn treatment.
The EMSB course is originally developed in Australia and has been successfully taught to several countries world-wide. The course has been given to medical and nursing professionals in the Netherlands and UK for more than 15 years. The EMSB staff now presents the course to the other European countries and hopes this will have a catalysing effect on disseminating the concept of the EMSB and to improve care for severely burned patients in Europe.
The course is an intensive one-day training, given by lecturers from the Netherlands, Scandinavia and the UK and will be held in English. The instructors have both extensive clinical as well as teaching experience in the field of burns and emergency care.
Outline of the course:
• A reference manual outlining all aspects of the emergency management of burns is sent to the
participants prior to the course
• There is a series of brief lectures highlighting important aspects of the aetiology, pathophysiology,
emergency examination and treatment of the patient
• Relevant clinical skills are demonstrated and important topics are explained in group discussions
• Life-like case simulations in hands-on workshops are used to consolidate and integrate the course
• The course concludes with an assessment and a written examination.
Registration and costs
Registration for this course is limited to 24 physicians and/or nurses.
Course fee: EUR 495 per participant and includes course manual, lunch and refreshments.
Registration fee: EUR 495
You can register for this course upon your registration for EBA 2019.
->This course can also be attended without participation in the EBA congress!