Visiting Finland

Most EU congress participants will not require a visa to visit Finland. People holding an EU residence card issued under the EU regulations on free movement issued by a Schengen country do not need a visa.

The website of the Ministery for Foreign Affairs of Finland provides information on obtaining a visa, should you need one.

The Ministery for Foreign Affairs of Finland has published a list of countries with a visa requirement and visa-free countries.

Should you require a visa, EBA recommends that you apply for the document well in advance at the nearest Finnish mission in your country. If you apply less than 15 days before your scheduled departure, the Ministery for Foreign Affairs of Finland cannot guarantee that you will obtain your visa in time.

It has been agreed with some countries that Finland may be represented by another Schengen state. In such cases, apply for a visa to Finland from the mission of that Schengen state.

Submit your visa application at a mission or visa centre in person. An application cannot be sent by e-mail or telefax.

Letter of invitation

Should you need a Letter of Invitation to support your visa application in order to attend the 18th EBA, please download and complete the EBA Letter of Invitation 2019 below. By completing the form, you accept sole responsibility for the information you provide. In case of clandestine immigration, the secretariat will not accept any liability.